- Compact 4‑Series™ control system with 1 GB SDRAM and 8 GB flash memory
- Embedded 4‑Series multicore CPU processor
- iPhone®, iPad®, and Android™ device control app support
- XPanel computer and web based control
- Modular programming architecture (optional)
- Onboard IR/serial, COM, digital input, relay, Cresnet® network, and Ethernet control ports
- USB OTG (On-the-Go) port
- Crestron Fusion® software room monitoring and scheduling
- XiO Cloud® service provisioning and management
The Crestron® RMC4 provides a secure, high‑performance, cost-effective control processor and interface for controlling and monitoring for a single display device, a small AV system, lighting and shading, climate control, security, energy management, and many other specialized applications. A small form factor allows the RMC4 to be placed just about anywhere, with the option to attach it to a flat surface or DIN rail using the included mounting bracket. The RMC4 can fit easily behind a video display or above a projector, and provides enough control ports to control the display device along with a screen or lift.
4-Series Control Engine
4-Series™ control systems come equipped with an upgraded multicore CPU, delivering a sizable speed and performance increase compared to all Crestron 3‑Series® control processors. The improved performance allows 4-Series control systems to handle the increasing demands of an advanced automated system. Crestron 4-Series delivers a dynamic and secure control system platform capable of managing a room full of disparate technologies.
Reliable networking and IP control afford seamless integration with other systems and devices, with add-on control capability using Crestron touch screens, wireless remotes, and mobile device apps, as well as remote management through Crestron Fusion® software and the XiO Cloud® service.
Modular Programming Architecture
The RMC4 is designed to run a single program out of the box. The optional modular programming architecture (MPA) add-on allows the RMC4 to run up to ten programs simultaneously.1 Programmers can develop and run independent, device‑specific programs, enabling each program to be optimized for a specific function and allowing for changes to be made to one program without affecting the whole system.
Onboard Control Ports
Through a full complement of onboard control ports, the RMC4 can be integrated with a wide variety of audio, video, lighting, motorized shades, thermostats, door locks, sensors, security systems, and other equipment.
- Ethernet provides an interface for connecting to the building network and controlling Crestron AV switchers, audio processors, power controllers, and other IP controllable equipment.
- Cresnet® network connectivity provides support for Crestron lighting dimmers, motorized shades, sensors, thermostats, keypads, and more.2
- Onboard RS‑232, IR, relay, and digital input control ports enable direct integration with all types of third‑party equipment.
Expanded connectivity can be provided to the RMC4 via Crestron control port expansion modules, Ethernet to Cresnet bridges, wired Ethernet I/O extenders, or Wi-Fi® network I/O extenders (all sold separately).
Crestron Fusion Room Monitoring and Scheduling
Crestron Fusion provides an integrated platform for creating smart buildings that save energy and enhance worker productivity. As part of a complete managed network in a corporate enterprise, college campus, convention center, or any other facility, the RMC4 works with Crestron Fusion to enable remote scheduling, monitoring, and control of rooms and technology from a central help desk or mobile app. It also enables organizations to reduce energy consumption by tracking real-time usage and automating control of AV, lighting, shades, and HVAC. For more information about Crestron Fusion, visit www.crestron.com/fusion.