Extron SM 3
Extron SM 3
SpeedMount Compact Full-Range Surface Mount Speakers
Patented, concealed mounting system
Includes 0° and 10° mounting plates
Designed to accommodate division-of-labor installations and save costs
8 ohm nominal impedance
3" (76 mm) full-range driver with a tuned bass reflex port
Extron SM 3, SM 26, SM 28 SpeedMount® Surface Mount Speaker is a compact full-range speaker with a patented, concealed wall mounting system. The enclosure measures less than 4″ (10.2 cm) deep. The 8 ohm speaker features a 3″ (76 mm) full-range driver and tuned bass port, a wide frequency range of 100 Hz to 20 kHz, and a power rating of 15 watts continuous pink noise, 30 watts continuous program capacity. The Extron-exclusive mounting system is designed to accommodate division-of-labor installations and save costs.
The innovative mounting system allows the SM 3 to slide onto the mount and lock into place. In the same installation step, the integrated electrical contacts on the speaker automatically mate with the pre-wired contacts on the mounting plate to speed up and simplify installation. A release on the speaker baffle allows for quick removal from the mount. The release is lockable and hidden, and together with the concealed speaker wiring contacts, helps to deter theft.
To meet a variety of installation needs, the flexible mounting system includes 0° and 10° mounting plates. Each mounting plate provides the electrical connections and allows the SM 3 to be oriented vertically or horizontally. The speaker can be installed flush with the wall using the 0° mounting plate, or with a 10° tilt when the other plate is used. When used with the 0° mounting plate, the SM 3 protrudes less than 4″ from the wall to comply with ADA – Americans with Disabilities Act standards for protruding object limits.
The SM 3 saves time and installation costs for AV system contractors working with low-voltage contractors in a division-of-labor installation. During rough-in, a low-voltage contractor installs the mounting system on the wall and terminates the speaker cable to the mount’s integrated wiring contacts. Later, the AV system contractor completes the installation by sliding the SM 3 onto the mount.
This speaker is ideally suited for small to medium classrooms and conference rooms where surface mount speakers are desired, but wall space for speaker placement is limited. It provides a wide frequency range and wide coverage from a compact enclosure to optimize voice intelligibility without compromising music reproduction.
The SM 3 is sold in pairs and is available in a black or white finish. It includes 0° and 10° mounting plates, and a 5 year parts and labor warranty.
- Patented, concealed mounting system — One installation step connects the speaker to the wiring contacts, and secures it into place.
- Includes 0° and 10° mounting plates
- Designed to accommodate division-of-labor installations and save costs
- 8 ohm nominal impedance
- 3″ (76 mm) full-range driver with a tuned bass reflex port
- Frequency range: 100 Hz to 20 kHz
- 15 watts continuous pink noise
30 watts continuous program
- Flush mount design with shallow profile
- Complies with ADA requirements on protrusion limits when used with 0° mounting plate
- Hidden locking speaker release mechanism
- Mounting plates provide cable raceway access for surface-mounted wiring applications
- Black or white high-impact enclosure
- Dimensions with 0° mounting plate: 8.75″ H x 5.75″ W x 4.0″ D (22.2 cm H x 14.6 cm W x 10.2 cm D)
- 5 year parts and labor warranty